Founder & CEO, Wonghaus Ventures, Fifthtee
Previously: Dir. of Marketing @ Vent
Top Tumblr Blog 2015, Shorty Award Nominee 2015
Hello there, my name is Jason Wong and I'm a digital marketing consultant and founder of Wonghaus Media and Wonghaus Ventures. I specialize in viral content creation, influencer marketing, social media marketing strategy (Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram) and business development. Startups reach out to me for my Gen-Z perspective and background in new-media marketing to tackle their problems. I have experience in working with authors, tech startups, consumer products, and fashion.
Before venturing into business, I began as a social media influencer in 2013 and accumulated over a million followers on different platforms, predominately Tumblr. Through my time as an influencer, I was able to closely observe the users on each platform and study their interest and behavior. I’m interested in creating an emotional response from my advertisements, which is a factor that is deeper than the typical metric of user engagement. I enjoy being creative while developing social media strategies and content that would resonate with the intended audience, to make them feel connected to the content that they are exposed to.
Fifthtee promotional banner
I’m currently the founder of Fifthtee, an apparel brand that pledges a fifth of its proceeds to the Best Friends Animal Society, which provides sheltered animals with housing and medical care. I also founded Wonghaus Media, a digital marketing agency that specializes in developing viral contents and strategy for brands and products. I lead and direct Wonghaus's eCommerce division, which specializes in high-viral products.
In December 2016, I developed and launched the product "Holy Meme Bible", which earned over a $250,000 a little after a month of its launch. After the success of the Meme Bible, I organized a team called Dank Tank, focused on researching Internet memes and developing new products related to Internet memes.
I’m an expert at marketing on the Tumblr platform, consulting companies that generated high 6-figures in monthly revenue through my marketing strategies. My clients range from startups such as Gfycat, and Vent, to University professors and former executives of Fortune 500 companies. I worked with a number of brands to promote their products to an audience that was typically difficult to reach with other platforms.
I am fascinated by the constant changing climate of marketing on new media. In particular, I enjoy the ability to be creative in developing fun advertisements with high viral potentials and working in an environment that encourages me to be unconventional.
In The Media
• How a Coloring Book Made $200,000 in One Month From Tumblr - Get Rich or Die Trying
• How The Méme Bible Took Off on Tumblr And Made $200K in 3 Weeks - Shopify
• Interview with Jason Wong - Social Media INfluencer, and Founder of the Meme Bible - 20 under 20s
• Ep.227 ~ A 19 Year Old Makes $200,000 in 3 Weeks on Social Media ~ Jason Wong - The Entrepreneur House
• The Ultimate Guide To Startup Content Marketing - Forbes
• Guy's Commitment to Photos With Ice Cream Is the Greatest Love Story Known to Man - Times
• 19-Year Old Jason Wong Makes a Quarter Million Dollars off Internet Memes - Future Sharks
• Jason Wong Became A Tumblr Influencer At Age 17 And Leveraged It Into A Fledge Entrepreneurial Career - Startups.co
• Guy takes photo with every ice cream cone he sees - Twitter
• The Importance of Setting Small Milestones - Thrive Global
• DECA Ontario Alumnus & Entrepreneur Shares His Tips for Success - DECA Direct
• Man Goes Viral After Taking Photos of Every Ice Cream Cone He Sees in Japan - Next Shark
• Guy Goes Viral Taking Pictures With Plastic Ice Cream Cones - CBS New York
• Los niños prodigio de Tumblr son más jóvenes que los 'youtubers' y casi tan famosos - El Confidencial
• The 10 most viral Tumblr blogs of 2015 - Mashable
• This trend in teen communication just may make the world a better place - Quartz
• ‘A dicey situation’: Snapchat gives influencers the cold shoulder - Digiday
• Someone Created A Meme Coloring Book And It’s Everything We Never Knew We Needed - Buzzfeed
• The Secrets to the Success of Jason Wong, Entrepreneur and Social Media Marketing Extraordinaire - NSN Canada
• Obsessed with MEMES? This guy’s creation is about to make your day - Shemazing
• The Secret Lives of Tumblr Teens - New Republic
• When I Immigrated, TV Taught Me How to Be an American - VICE
• Inside the elite meme wars of America's most exclusive colleges - mic.com
• Save The Paw: Interview with Jason Wong - Medium
• An adult's guide to the "screenshot dab thing" on Snapchat — the hottest new teen trend - Mic.com
• College meme groups are cashing out, getting into sponsored content and meme-based marketing - Mic.com
• Turns Out You Can Contour Your Face by Drawing Penises All Over It - The Cosmopolitan
• Woman Draws Penises All Over Her Face in Makeup Tutorial — Turns Out Great - NextShark
• Makeup whiz uses dks for her contour and highlight routine - The Daily Dot
• HOLY MÉME BIBLE: A COLORING BOOK FEATURING 16 PAGES OF ICONIC MEMES - Phenomenalisms
• AMERICAN BLOGGER RELEASES HOLY MEME BIBLE AS COLOURING BOOK - Ministry Of Counterculture
I currently reside in Irvine, California.
My office address is 611. W. Civic Center Drive, #207, Santa Ana 92701
|Dec 28 - Jan 3||Fuzhou, China||Business Meetings|
|Jan 3||Guangdong, China||Factory Inspection|
|Jan 4||Fuzhou, China||Business Dinner|
|Jan 5-12||Hong Kong||Family Trip|
|Jan 12||Osaka Bay, Japan||n/a|
|Jan 26-28||Twitter HQ, SF||Data Privacy Conference|
|Jan 29||San Diego||n/a|
|Jan. 31 - Feb 3||Las Vegas, NV||Meetings|
|Feb 15||San Francisco, CA||Stanford|
|Feb 16-17||San Francisco, CA||Ritz-Carlton San Francisco|
|Feb. 18-21||Chicago, IL||SoHo House|
|March 1||Los Angeles||Snapchat HQ|
|March 9||Houston, TX||Photographer meeting|
|Mar. 10-14||Austin, TX||SXSW, Influencer Meet-up|
|March 24||San Bernadino||Beyond Wonderland Music Festival|
|April 3-10||Vancouver||Canadian Influencer Meetup|
|April 12||Asian Art Museum of San Francisco||WeChat Event|
|April 14-16||Indio, CA||Coachella Music Festival|
|April 26-29||Anaheim, CA||DECA ICDC Judging|
|June 16-18||Las Vegas, NV||MGM Grand, EDC LV|
|July, TBA||Beijing, China||Investment Trip|
|July, TBA||Guangdong, China||Factory Inspection Trip|
|July 1||Hong Kong||Meetings|
|July, 2-7||Tokyo, JP||Mt. Fuji Trip|
|July 8-12||Hong Kong||n/a|
|July 20-24||New York City||n/a|
|Aug 19-21||Las Vegas, NV||TBA|
Professionally, I'm passionate about development, growth, and sustainability - including growth strategy, branding, sales & marketing, product development, and user experience.
Personally, I'm inspired by meeting new people, traveling, continuous learning, public service, and establishing valuable relationships with everyone that I work with.
I consult small and medium-size startups.
Startups reach out to me for my Gen-Z perspective and experience to tackle their audience's problems. Others work with me for my extensive background in social media (Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram) as well as my understanding of the Chinese market. I am fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese, Hokkien, and English. My network of knowledge and connections in China, coupled with my communication abilities, allows me to help businesses reach the world's largest market that many others had failed to reach.
My engagements involves speaking at youth entrepreneurship events to conducting one-on-one strategy planning for social media marketing campaigns. Recent examples include speaking at SAGE Canada about the ideas behind marketing Phoneblok, an eco-friendly cell phone, as well as leading the marketing campaign for the Vent Social Network, which ranked in the top 100 apps for the Social Networking category and had an average of 13k installs per day under my management. My expertise is in helping companies understand their audience by providing my insight on consumer behavior on different social media platform and developing strategies to engage with them through various forms of digital content.
• Pop-culture understanding and analysis
Internet memes and trends
• Data analysis
• Physical product sourcing
• Email marketing
• Social media marketing
• Project management
• Executive Leadership
• Operations Management
Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, and PR
• Sales & Business Development
• Strategic Partnerships
• Product Management
• Process Development